reality does bite

mY oWn StRaNgE, YEt veRy NoLmAL Life ThAt MAkes mE ThinK a LiTTle tOO MucH...Or MAyBe nOt :)))

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fashion-Love It, Hate it, But Use it Wisely


What’s great about fashion is that apparently, it has no rules. Just let the imagination take off and its wings will do the job. Unfortunately, this is, as I said, just an illusion, because fashion has plenty of rules. Come on, you’d have to be crazy to follow absolutely no rules when it comes to fashion. Everybody has an opinion about fashion, and unless you dress at least normal, you will be considered…. how should I say this without being too cruel?... well, a sort of an outlaw or, worse, a freak.

Unfortunately too normal means also too boring. Come on girl, you can do better than the same old recipe. Mix something with those jeans and you will have the perfect combination. A “to die for” combination. Girls will hate you, boys will adore you. OK, hold on a little. Houston, we have a problem… One thing I know about boys (probably the only thing) is that when it comes to fashion, they can be a little old fashioned. They aren’t really into that stylish phase that we so much enjoy. They like us to be nice and shiny, not odd and innovative. I’ve met boys for which even a bag with a certain pattern could give him a heart attack. I mean, for god’s sake, it’s just a bag. Luckily for us, they love us just the way we are most of the times and they ignore all those weird accessories that we use to embellish us. And we shouldn’t push it either, because even a boy has a limit. And no matter how much he loves us, he just cannot stand all that pink stuff that we call clothing.
There are also other issues concerning clothes. For example, there are moments when you have to dress a certain way. I still remember that some of my final exams required a certain code of dressing up. Seeing all my high school mates so elegantly dressed was worth everything. Too bad we were right in the middle of the exams… Unfortunately not everybody appreciated this. But I did. Except for my prom, where everybody was looking glamorous, the exams are my second best moment from high school. Call me old fashioned, but I think there’s nothing sexier that a guy in a suit. And those two special moments were filled with guys in suits…

But when it comes to real fashion, I mean the real one, not just what they show on TV (that is sometimes just a surrogate), the streets are the real catwalks and the people are the real models. There you can find absolutely everything. I myself have to admit that I love watching people and the way they dress and most of the times I love the way they look, although there are moments when I go blind from all that … well , whatever they might call it, I, for one, don’t even have a name for what some of us are wearing.
Anyway, bottom line is that fashion is what we like most and what the others like most on us. There’s a saying in my country (and probably everywhere else) that says that we shouldn’t dress just for ourselves, but mainly for the others, because they are the ones that admire us. We might look in the mirror and see how pretty we are, but, in the end those who surround us are the ones that get all the pleasure from our looks...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger latent said…

    Yeah, that would be great. But on the other hand, would you really apreciate them if you could get that easy? Of course, you must also understand that expensive clothes aren't always the best choice, because sometimes an old T-shirt could do all the job.And by the way, vintage is very fashionable right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home