reality does bite

mY oWn StRaNgE, YEt veRy NoLmAL Life ThAt MAkes mE ThinK a LiTTle tOO MucH...Or MAyBe nOt :)))

Friday, April 15, 2005

Traveling by bus

I hate to take a bus, especially when it’s very crowded. I hate people touching me. I hate the way they smell. I hate everything about a bus. It’s probably the worse useful thing humanity has ever invented. But my problem in this case may not be the bus, but the interaction with people. I have never been a very sociable person. I mean I’m not a solitary person, but in some cases, I find it hard to talk to somebody. Maybe I’m a bit introverted, but I really thing that my problem comes from an acute sense of awkwardness or even anxiety, because you never know how the person next to you is going to react. And it’s probably also my lack of inspiration, because I never find the right subject to talk about and I sometimes find myself feeling so stupid when I talk about the weather, for example.
But why do I have to fell like this, because I’ve realized that most normal people don’t find it that hard to talk to each other. There are even people who can start a conversation out of nothing and, even though the result is not the one expected, they feel no bit of shame or embarrassment. Does this acute sense makes me better or less than most people? Do I have a problem or do I have a quality? Because, by not talking, I can avoid certain upsetting situations. But on the other hand, being this reticent is not surely the best way to act in public and especially among people. It can be taken as a snobbish attitude or, worse, I can be considered too stupid to have a reasonable opinion. So, I guess I’ve just found my answer. It’s unquestionably a problem, because it creates stickier situations. So, I guess now I have to work it out. But what if I don’t want to. What if I’ve become so used to being lonely so now I don’t want to change anything, although I’m not that satisfied with my current position? This is probably a stupid and childish attitude. But I don’t really thing that changing myself will bring so many satisfaction, because I’ve realized that life isn’t as nice as it should be and it almost certainly won’t bring me anything good.
Then, what should I do? Well I guess that I won’t do much, because I’ve realized that compliance is the best way to act. Because, although life isn’t nice, it’s definitely surprising. BOOO!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger jlzimmerman said…

    I'd take the bus in a heartbeat.

    Better for me, finacially.
    I can get more work done.
    Better for the environment.
    No need to deal with idiot drivers.

    The bus crowds and what not are minor inconveniences compared to the benefits.

    Just my 2 cents.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home